Whenever I’m in Marbella I feel like I’m part of a curiously costumed, theatrical extravaganza – a sort of gigantic, all-singing, all-dancing cabaret. Some of the things I’ve noticed about the outrageously OTT city are:
1) You can never be overdressed. I wore this ShopCurious outfit by the pool and no one batted an eyelid.
2) Normal fashion rules don’t apply. It's a chance to don your purple suede loafers...
3) Bling is king. If you’ve got it, flaunt it.
4) Marbella is hen party heaven.
5) Food is fashionably non-faddy – nobody cares if you have lobster and chips.
6) The sun is always shining and…
7) The sunsets are mainly magnificent.
8) There’s usually a cocktail waiter within beckoning distance.
9) At night everything sparkles.
10) The entertainment is great – watch this terrific troupe of Capoeira dancers and musicians at the Ocean Club:
I'd recommend you check out the cabaret next time you’re in the Costa del Sol.