http://www.ShopCurious.com/ http://twitter.com/ShopCurious

Thursday 2 August 2012

Medal-worthy or mundane?

There’s nothing curious about Stella McCartney, except that her newly opened store in London’s Fulham Road is curiously large – especially at a time when so many of the older established shops in the area (think Betty Jackson) have closed down.

Of course, McCartney has a famous father, whose voice seems to have gone off the boil at bit – though I suppose Hey Jude does have an Olympic chorus at the end... With all her unnatural advantages, I was trying exceptionally hard to not like the Olympic designer du jour - until I heard her in interview, earlier this year, at the Vogue Festival.



What a lovely lady – so down to earth and supremely sensible sounding.

Anyway, ShopCurious would like to hear your views on her designs. Personally, I find them magnificently mundane. But perhaps you think they’re medal-worthy?

Do you?

1 comment:

ilikestuff said...

I will ALWAYS have a soft spot for her early Chloe collections with the horses on them. I would still die for one of those pieces. I also appreciate that her clothes and accessories are vegan. Although god knows I wouldnt pay $600 for a pair of non-leather shoes.