http://www.ShopCurious.com/ http://twitter.com/ShopCurious

Saturday 1 September 2012

A winning wardrobe





I haven’t watched any of the Paralympic Games yet, but I hear we’re winning lots of medals. On the night of the opening ceremony, I was out at an event launching something entirely different – the new BuyMyWardrobe pre-loved luxury designer fashion website.

I stayed long enough to hear owner, Kai's speech about the "luxe recycling revolution," and to do a little bit of networking.






I met the lovely shoe blogger Sabrina Johnson of Sabrina Suggests and bumped into Stella of Stella’s Wardrobe (check out the cute new illustrations on her blog).
 
 



In honour of our paralympic athletes, I thought I’d wear my Union Jack dress, teamed up with a recycled vintage bag from ShopCurious. I wasn’t the only one dressed patriotically: A curiously charming kilt-wearing milliner insisted on having his photograph taken with me.

Then I dashed home to catch the remainder of the Paralympics opening ceremony. Read my review (including views on the Paralympic uniforms) in today’s post at The Dabbler.

Will you?

1 comment:

Jan said...

Sadly I missed the opening - been watching the action this week though.
As I write our tally is FIVE golds.
Inspiring stuff !