http://www.ShopCurious.com/ http://twitter.com/ShopCurious

Monday 18 August 2008

The Silk Route


I feel like I must be the only person in London who's sitting at a desk writing a blog. Anyone sensible must surely be on holiday now, which is why I've decided to dedicate a few blogs to the tempting topic of travel...

and silk scarves, which as we know can come in very handy on your hols - as illustrated here.





We've just got a new collection of stylish silk scarves at ShopCurious, many of which are unique 1950s tourist memorabilia from an eclectic mix of destinations around the world. Not only are these highly individual accessories, but each one has a tale to tell - and they make a rather unusual gift for someone who has an interest in, or an association with the location featured.




Although most of these places probably aren't on the original Silk Route, I thought it would be interesting to spend the next few days going on a bit of a tour of the some of the countries and cities featured on these vintage silk squares.



My curiously colourful virtual trip starts in Europe with Holland, Paris, Sicily, Milan and Spain. Then travelling further afield to more exotic hotspots: The Canaries, Aden and Djibouti, before finishing down under with New Zealand, Australia and Papua New Guinea.


When travelling, it's always essential to plan ahead - so why not do some advance preparation based on a headwear trend that's set to become one of the biggest fashion stories of the coming year.

I hope you'll join me on my curious excursions around the globe.
Will you?

No comments: