http://www.ShopCurious.com/ http://twitter.com/ShopCurious

Tuesday 23 February 2010

Curiously cosy quilts



I’ve missed you - what with London Fashion Week, plus a zillion and one other things going on, I haven’t had a chance to write many posts lately. Mind you, the weather’s been so appallingly cold, wet and windy here that most of us would probably have preferred to stay indoors, keeping warm. I just checked the weather forecast for London and... guess what:

Wednesday - heavy rain showers
Thursday - heavy rain
Friday - heavy rain (and 26 mph south westerly winds)
Saturday - heavy rain showers
Sunday - heavy rain






I suggest you find something to do around the home rather than venturing anywhere outside. Handicrafts are very popular at the moment: you could pass the time with a spot of crochet, try your hand at basket weaving, or perhaps a little quilt-making takes your fancy? With the quilt exhibition coming up at the V&A shortly, anything and everything patchwork is all the rage.











In fact, we’ve got some fabulous designer patchwork quilts by Cassandra Ellis at ShopCurious. Handmade, using vintage fabrics (including finest quality silks), lined and backed with Fair Trade cotton, each one of these beautifully sewn and totally unique pieces is a timeless work of art. You might like to invest in one as an heirloom for your family to appreciate in years to come, or simply for you to enjoy snuggling up in.










Quilts are great, even on the dullest of days – not only do they add a welcome splash of colour to your décor, but they’re also curiously inviting and especially cosy at this time of year.

Are you?

5 comments:

ilikestuff said...

I'm loving all the patchwork jeans for spring, and I suppose the next logical thing is to fall in love with quilts all over again. I went through a little "quilting stage" around the age of 10, and I'm sorry to say it didn't stick with me. Maybe I'll content myself with Cheap Monday's patch-happy jeans instead.

ps
Rain sucks. My heart goes out to you.

worm said...

those quilts are so nice!!! especially the one in the second picture

BTW, I have bought that Mailman book, I should start it next week with any luck - I'm looking forward to it!

www.janetteria.com said...

Ooooh patchwork!

P.S.: ♥Please don't forget to join the Schnappy Jewelry giveaway!♥

Good luck!

Gadjo Dilo said...

Quilts are great, but the designs of those ones look a little "busy"; To aid sleep I really need something that's cosy on the eye as well, or with pictures of sheep on it that I can count.

Susan said...

Gadjo, suggest you get yourself an eye mask!