http://www.ShopCurious.com/ http://twitter.com/ShopCurious

Thursday 2 December 2010

Curiosities of snowy London


These were the views I woke up to this morning. One of my windows was iced over – thankfully only on the outside. The terrace was covered in snow, though only a few inches.












Nevertheless, with a biting north-easterly wind, it was pretty cold outside... but I was still determined to have a little walk along the river to see if anyone was out and about.





As it happened, there wasn’t anything much going on in the park, and not one illegal barbecuer in sight.




















Someone had obviously ventured down the riverside slipway, though there was no evidence of their tracks coming back up again.



It was altogether very quiet - perhaps everyone had cleverly stayed in the warm?




And then I noticed something decidedly odd…







What looked suspiciously like a body was dangling from a rope in the River Thames. I tried to get a closer look, but my hands were shaking so much from the cold I couldn’t focus my camera.




I inspected the curious corpse from above and considered my options. Should I call the police? Should I see if I could somehow climb down to take a closer look, or pull the hanging body out of the water?











I thought about it, but then spotted a sign on the neighbouring building.






Perhaps this was just down to some kids being ‘nauty’?







On the way back there were more signs of those intrepid enough to brave the icy conditions, but still no barbecuers.










Anyway, if you’re going out today, I can only suggest you wear something suitably warm.






These eco-friendly, ‘snow bunny’ sheepskin boot covers from Romp London at ShopCurious should keep your feet and legs curiously cosy.

Just be careful on the slippery pavements – and beware of children and boats.

Will you?

5 comments:

Couture Carrie said...

Gorgeous photos, darling!
Just bought some Mou boots that look just like the ones pictured!

xoxox,
CC

Jan said...

Kids today eh?
Nice pics Susan AND story.
I'm hoping for an early thaw myself.

Annie Wright said...

Love the story... especially the bit with the corpse. Very spooky!!

worm said...

top bit of psychogeography Susan! You've managed to make your normally bucolic stretch of the Thames look faintly sinister, which is always good in my opinion.

Jill said...

That must have been a bit unsettling!