Happy New Year!
The ShopCurious style icon for 2011 is Dame Barbara Cartland – for the following reasons:
1) In keeping with our current nostalgia for (and desire to mourn) all things past, she died in 2000 at the age of 98. Death style is the new lifestyle, after all...
2) Barbara Cartland was renowned for her curiously unique, eccentric style and usually dressed in coral pink - a hot fashion trend for 2011.
3) She was a trend setter in other ways too, being one of the first to carry pretty little pooches as fashion accessories under her arm.
4) Dame Barbara was a working woman, with her own opinions and income from her many romantic novels.
5) She wrote extensively on the topics of love, marriage, etiquette and family values (more on this in my post at The Dabbler).
6) She was Princess Diana’s step grandmother (and therefore related by marriage to Prince William, the soon-to-be-married future King of England).
Above all, Barbara Cartland had style with brains…
Curiculum Vitae Jeffry Zebua
6 months ago