http://www.ShopCurious.com/ http://twitter.com/ShopCurious

Wednesday 26 January 2011

Curiosities of love



Got any plans for Valentine’s Day? A trip to the cinema perhaps?

The realities of being in a relationship are often far from the rose-tinted, idealized version we usually see on the big screen. However, a new film, Blue Valentine, directed by Derek Cianfrance aims to present an honest portrait of coupledom.






The couple in question, Michelle Williams as Cindy and Ryan Gosling as Dean, try to revive their failing marriage by going to a ‘theme hotel.’ The film compares the dreams of two people who were in love with the reality of the entrapment they’ve created.






The critics say: “Blue Valentine is not for the weak-hearted. It’s a dark tale that explores the reasons why we fall in love and provokes questions about examining our own loved ones. Like Dean and Cindy, you may not like what you find on the backend of the analysis, but you should be intrigued to have been challenged to do so.”

If you’re interested to know more, there’s an interview with Ray Gosling, along with some clips from the film on the BBC's website.




Or, if you’d prefer to stay in on Valentine’s Day, then simply cuddle up on the sofa and present your loved one with a beautifully blue vintage style Valentine heart from ShopCurious.

This unique gift can be worn as a brooch, but would also make a lovely addition to a homemade Valentine card - or a pretty keepsake and reminder of your everlasting love for each other…

Do you?

3 comments:

Jan said...

Not a film for incurable romantics by the sound of it!
"How do you keep love alive when you share a bathroom"?
(erm, let's not go there)
Maybe it has a happy ending?
:)

ilikestuff said...

I definitely want to see this movie, especially because duh, I love Ryan Gosling. Also hearing all the hullabaloo about the possible NC-17 rating piqued my interest. What can I say, I guess I'm a pervert. And luckily I'm no incurable romantic (even though I'm very happy with my boyfriend), so I don't think the movie will shatter any of my dreams ;)

Susan said...

Clearly a film that divides opinion...