http://www.ShopCurious.com/ http://twitter.com/ShopCurious

Monday 7 November 2011

Fireworks and reflections



With rain forecast, I was expecting Bonfire Night to be a total washout. But I was pleasantly surprised to see one of the most spectacular fireworks displays ever (well, since the last most spectacular one anyway). And not a drop of rain.

London’s Hurlingham Club fireworks take some beating – especially if viewed from across the river. Best of all, you don’t have to be a member of the club, and second best of all, you get to see twice the fireworks for your money (in fact for no money, as it’s free).

The reason I say twice the fireworks, is because there’s also a reflection in the River Thames. It’s not quite the same as being there, but these photographs, which remind me of something from a Turner painting, will give you an idea…



























And here's what the fabulous finale looked like:



By the way, shadows, reflections and outlines are some of the curious trends that ShopCurious predicts we’ll be seeing much more of in fashion and interiors over the coming seasons. It’s all to do with having the curiosity factor…

Do you?

7 comments:

Jan said...

Nice pics (they look great viewed on the blogger lightbox).
Good freebie!

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

spectacular Susan!
My pups hate the sound though...they would hide under the bed!

xo

Jill said...

Fireworks always make me happy!

David said...

Stunning photo's Susan and you are so right about the similarities to Turner.
I had intended to stand in a damp field and watch the ritual burning of a fellow Yorkshireman on the 5th but somehow I ended up perched on a bar stool sipping (sic) Gewurztraminer whilst fireworks danced around the cathedral!

Annie Wright said...

Here in Amsterdam we have fireworks on New Year's Eve. My cats are pretty cool about it but my neighbours' ferociously macho tom is absolutely petrified!

ilikestuff said...

I love fireworks! They have a great show every year by the bay bridge in San Francisco--except I always feel terrible for the birds because they get so scared you can see them flying away in droves from underneath the bridge!

Susan said...

Fascinating about the birds SP. I know it's usual to keep animals indoors, but I hadn't considered our feathered friends. Though there are some rather menacing looking rooks living down by the river - I wouldn't mind if those were scared away.