http://www.ShopCurious.com/ http://twitter.com/ShopCurious

Wednesday 1 February 2012

Hearts, lovebirds and Valentine curiosities


I’m recently back from a trip to Florida, which was somewhat more eventful than anticipated (nothing to do with the primaries, or romance for that matter…) I’ll tell you all about it later. I just wanted to add a quick post to let you know about some of the unique gift ideas that ShopCurious has lined up for Valentine’s Day lovebirds.

As it happens, our theme for February is birds and bees – and some of the birds are to be found on Annie Sherburne’s artfully handcrafted Valentine hearts. Her Rococo style brooches and pendants, made from hand-embossed gilt, are intricately decorated with a myriad of upcycled jewels – including vintage glass flowers, pieces of crystal, abalone and pearls.



























































However, the main reason I chose these pieces of jewellery is because of the charming ‘lovebirds’. Though on closer inspection, I think they may actually be swallows. Did you know that swallows swallow insects in mid-flight? Hopefully not bees… But they look curiously cute and romantic together anyway, don’t you think?



Do you?

3 comments:

Annie Wright said...

Gorgeous! I collect hearts, at least the jewellery variety!

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

stunning heart pieces, Susan!
too bad, I can't watch the video; it says not available in your country~

Susan said...

Thanks Annie, and Lenore - I guess the BBC should be uploading their videos to YouTube?